Sometimes you might require a brightly-coloured sugar item for your cake which is simply not possible to achieve through standard colouring means. This is where a special finsih is required which uses a highly-pigmented dust through the airbrush in the final coatings to produce an extra-bright, vivid colour.
The intenstiy of colour required may mean using a non-toxic, food-touch dust. Although perfectly harmless if some of this dust is eaten from the top of the cake, decorations using non-toxic dust are not designed to be consumed & should be removed from the cake before it is eaten. If a paricular shade uses this type of non-toxic dust, this will be specified in the listing information.